Thursday, February 28, 2008

Phase One

So, a few days ago, I started "phase one"...I started lupron injections. Actually I guess "phase one" probably started about a month ago w/bcp. Anyway, the only side effect I am noticing right now is hot flashes...not fun, but not the worst thing that could happen. I will have a "supression check" on Wednesday, March 5 to make sure "all is calm" inside. This is done by ultrasound and a blood draw. If all is good, I start stim injections Thursday. This will mean I will be doing 3 injections a day. Starting in the morning with Repronex, given intermuscularly (IM) in the hip (aka butt). Then, around 7pm, is the Lupron injection, given subcutaneously (sub-q) in the upper thigh, rounding it all out with a Gonal-f injection, also sub-q, in the belly. This will continue until my follicles are ready, or "ripe". Then I will have one more IM injection to release the follicles (ovulate). 36 hours later, I will go in for my egg retrieval, aka the best 20 minute nap around! Oh yeah, and I forgot, in the midst of all this, I will be traveling to Denver on the 10th! My mom is going with me Monday thru Friday. Ryan will arrive Saturday morning. While we are there, there will be lots of ultrasounds and blood draws, plus acupuncture and a meeting with a genetic counselor to discuss PGS (Preimplatation Genetic Screening) options. I know this time is going to fly by. Then we will be in "phase two" which will be Depot Lupron injections to hopefully correct my lining issue. During this time, genetic testing will be done on our embryos. After all that is done, it will be back to Denver for our FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer). What a whirlwind!!

No comments: