Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rocky Mountain High

We arrived in Denver 4 days ago for our FET. The day we arrived we just went grocery shopping, got settled into our hotel and then to dinner at Benihana. The following day, we decided to go to the water park. We had a lot of fun, despite the rain that kept threatening to fall! A friend of mine went to a water park before her FET and she now has beautiful 13 month old twins...I hope to follow in her footsteps!

The morning of the FET we had breakfast and then I went to the fitness center to work out a little. I wanted to do whatever I could to be tired for bedrest. On the way to CCRM I was feeling very anxious. I can't really remember feeling like this before any other was intense. Soon after our arrival, I had my blood drawn to check my estrogen and progesterone levels. Then up to the second floor where the FET would be. The acupuncturist on staff that day came to get me around 10:40 am. I told her I have never looked so forward to acupuncture and a valium in my life! She laughed at my honesty! She was fantastic. I felt immediately calmed down with the first session...thank God! Then, after the needles came out she said she'd send the nurse in with my valium...yippee!! After that, the ultrasound nurse came in and said my bladder was very full so I was allowed to empty it a little...oh that was wonderful! haha! I felt so much better after that.

The doctor came in a short while later and got me "in position". While I was looking at the ultrasound screen I saw the door open, but didn't think much more about it other than, "uh, hello...who is that while my legs are up in the air?!" It was the embryologist with a big incubator carrying our babies. She showed us a picture of our embyros on a monitor. They were beautiful...even hatching! The transfer couldn't have gone any smoother. They were only out of the incubator for less than 20 seconds before they were back inside me...hopefully for the long haul!

After the transfer, I had the second part of my acupuncture treatment. I was so relaxed that I fell asleep. R told me I was snoring! haha!

So now here I am, day 2 of bedrest. R has been great waiting on my every whim. He even bought me a chick flick I've been wanting to see...maybe we will watch it tonight! I am technically off bedrest tomorrow. I am going to take it easy though. I think we may go to brunch at Mimi's. They don't have one in is probably a good thing or I'd be huge! Today he brought lunch from the Cheesecake Factory. If you have one near you and you have never tried the Mac n Cheese must! OMG, they are good!

I'd like to stay on bedrest until about 1pm tomorrow...that will be exactly 48 hours after the FET was completed. My best friend who lives in Colorado Springs is coming up with her family for dinner tomorrow. Then we are homeward bound on Monday morning.

Bedrest is boring, but I don't care. As long as I have a baby or babies to hold at the end of all this, then this lovely nest that has developed on the back of my head from laying down for so long will be more than worth it. Whenever I start to get really bored I think of my good friend who spent 13 weeks on bedrest and I know how lucky I am that it is only a couple of days and I suck it up!

No comments: