Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wow...it's been a long time!

I have no excuse for being absent other than pure laziness on my part! To catch up...we had a doctor's appointment yesterday and my doctor said I am in the second trimester! I wasn't sure exactly when that happened, since you are typically pregnant for 40 weeks, but not as long with a triplet pregnancy. Today I am 12w2d. At the appointment we had another ultrasound. The babies were all bouncing off the walls, so to speak. It was so cool to see them rolling and flipping all around...so much so that it was hard to get measurments on them! We finally did and they are all just under 3" crown to rump...and they look so much like babies! Check 'em out:

Triplet 1:

Triplet 2:

Triplet 3:

And the whole gang together:
Triplet 1 seems to like to have his or her picture taken...you can see #1 in both the other pictures (bottom right with Triplet 2 and top left with Triplet 3!) It makes it hard to figure out the third picture at first!
Other than that, I have gained 20 pounds so far (yikes!) but the doctor is very pleased with that. I am supposed to gain about 35 pounds by 20 weeks...so I have 8 weeks to put on 15 pounds! I am also meeting with a nutritionist on Thursday to make sure I'm doing/eating all that I should.
On a side note, Thursday is also our 4 year anniversary! We are celebrating by getting massages, going to a movie and out to dinner. I think what makes it most exciting is that we are doing this on a Thursday! haha!



3 comments:

Whitney said...

Not sure how I stumbled on you but wanted to say congratulations! My triplets are 2.5 and it has been so much fun. I am wishing you a very uneventful pregnancy!!

Christi said...

WOW! ok, that is weird that we share the same wedding anniversary! Well, Happy Belated 4 yr anniversary!! very cool.

congrats again on your pregnancy, how are you feeling???

A said...

I just found your blog... congrats! I'm a fellow CCRM'er, tho I saw Dr Surrey. My 1st beta is tomorrow!