Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Step Away From the Daily Grind For a Moment

In light of recent events, I feel compelled to step away from triplet mommyhood for a moment. Here is a little overview:

1 - some asshole (yes, I swore, it's my blog and I'll swear if I want to) left my 14 year old nephew and his friend at school after cross country practice. This was an adult and he committed to doing car pool, yet his time was far too precious to wait for the 2 minors whose parents were trusting to him to be responsible for their well being. I must also point out that my nephew and his friend were NOT LATE! This douche just thought it was ok. So my sister gets a frantic phone call from him that he has no ride. Even better, the other boy's mother, who is a flight attendant, gets a call hours later (because she was working) from her son, also worried about being stranded. She and her husband were both in other states at the time! Needless to say, the boys are in another car pool and now this ass clown (thanks, Brienne) has to find a way for his kid to get to school every day now!

2 - my niece is "frenemies" with mean girls. These girls have been ganging up on my niece. I hope she ceases to be friends with them and finds more worthy, true friends, but they will probably make up, for now. Ugh, preteen girls suck!

3 - a friend of a friend came home with her 2 children to a man with a ski mask and a knife in their yard. She had already got her daughter inside and was going back out to get her son when she came across him. She thought he was going to kill her/them. He, instead, threw a cup full of acid into her face. She is being treated at U of M and is hoping to keep her eyesight.

SO, all of these things have caused me to ask, "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?!?" Remember back to the days, even weeks and months, after 9/11. When people showed compassion toward one another. When people banded together against the common enemy. What happened to make people abandon that way of thinking and treating people?

It just makes me even more determined to show kindness, respect and general caring to others and to make sure my kids are raised with those same values.

Ok, now help me down from my soapbox....

2 comments:

1+triplets from the mittin said...

Oh my gosh Lisa, I hope your friend is going to be ok! How scary and makes me sad to have to raise my kids in a world like this.

Jill

Anonymous said...

Nature was telling you that your genes are garbage...